Monday, April 28, 2008

My Hunny on Marriage

So somehow Mr. Richardson had found his way to the place where we'd originally met back in 1998 or 99 (the exact year and month are still in dispute) and happened upon the infamous message boards where folks type out sh*t from the tops of their heads and the rest debate about it.

He came across a posting asking the Black.Voices users their opinions about the subject of marriage and children. Below is the question and my hubby's response, which actually made me smile.

I just want to know what some of you BVers think about this. Is having children or getting married overrated? What's your opinion?
And this is Mr. Richardson's response:

I think it's just is... not overrated and not the most wonderful of things. It all depends on where you are in your life. The question only arises to one who I believe has a conflict within themselves or maybe tired or hearing one side versus the other side. I got married back in 2003 to a woman I met first in 1999. We have four sistas. After you have a partner and children... if you feel love, they change you and they become essential in your life. Now having remembered my life before this, being like most men... at the time in my mid-late 30's, having a healthy "circle" of women that amounted from friends to flirtations to lovers... I could have been at peace with that as well. Having known what it is like to be married to a dear sista who is all of the former separated relationships into one deeper relationship, I could never go back. I delivered two of my children, having been there with my wife as she labored, seeing them born. They love both my wife and me. I see her and I in their features. I know her parents well as she knows mine. We are more than having children and are married. We are family.


*singin* "we are fa-mi-ly, I got all my [family] with me . . . "

7 Comments:

  • At 2:52 AM, April 29, 2008, Blogger Bliss said…

    Good man, great husband, wonderful daddy, loving and happy brotha!

    You are lucky and blessed Aly. I'm happy for y'all. :-)

     
  • At 7:28 AM, April 29, 2008, Blogger That Girl Tam said…

    ::sniff, sniff::

    That was a FANTASTIC response to the question...I don't think I could've said it any better...

     
  • At 8:19 AM, April 29, 2008, Blogger Raquel said…

    Awwww... there's nothing better than a husband in love...

    I'd be posting that if my husband and written it too!

     
  • At 4:37 PM, April 29, 2008, Blogger Aziza said…

    Your husband is a great role model for your daughters, because when they are grown they will know what qualities to look for in a potential husband.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, April 30, 2008, Blogger Lisa R Charles said…

    Love it, love it, love it!!!

    That's what I'm talking about, beautiful love~

     
  • At 9:14 AM, May 04, 2008, Blogger monicac2 said…

    Aaaw, how sweet! Now that's an early Mother's Day present if I ever sw one (ok, I know - don't get too carried away, LOL).

     
  • At 2:08 AM, May 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AAWWW!!!!! *hands clapping*
    Black Love...Black Love.
    That's some sweetness right there. See, sometimes, they know what's going on without you having to tell them. LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home